Sunday, September 19, 2010

Basement Progress and Farmer's Market

Landon and I began our Saturday by taking our Elke to the vet.  Yes, she was exited to go can't you tell?  Ok, not really, but it was just for her annual visit so we were in and out of there in less than fifteen minutes. 

We then headed to Decorah to do a little grocery shopping as well as a few other errands.  We can't go to Decorah on a Saturday morning without heading to the Farmer's Market.  A few weeks ago, we got our Mums. 
Now it was time to stock up on our pumpkins.  Here are just a few.  The rest are scattered about the farm.
I am finally feeling like I am back on track.  I learned from my super organized sister-in-law Cathy that planning meals a month in advance can be a huge lifesaver.  I use to be really good about this, and then fell of the bandwagon.  Last month when I was balancing the checkbook I realized that I went way over our grocery budget.  I blame this on not planning my meals out and making several trips to the grocery store in a week.  This takes time (which I don't have), and I obviously spend way more than I need to.  Hopefully by planning my meals out, I can have all the items on hand that I need for two weeks worth of meals and just make a quick stop once a week to grab our fresh produce.  Have I mentioned that I have banned Wal-Mart from our lives as well.  Well, that's a whole other post, but yes I have!  Haven't been there in over a month.

Ok, back to our basement progress.  With the help of my brother and Jeremy's cousin Jon, the boys set out to grout our tile floors in the basement.  Yes, it has been a while since the tile was laid, but we have been so busy!

The bathroom
They got most of the family room done before running out of grout.
I can't believe how different it looks.  I love, love, love it.  I now have the enthusiasm again to get this space finished. Unfortunately this cooler weather means winter will be here shortly and a lot of wood needs to be cut before then.  That means we probably won't be working on the basement again until winter.  
The night ended with supper with the fam and a bonfire.  Unfortunately I did not stay up for the Hawk's game, but recorded it and watched it Sunday morning.  Boo...

No comments: