Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Double ear infection

Let me start my saying, this child has a pain tolerance of the saints!  Rewind to last Saturday night.  I was gone all day, Landon was with Daddy, and did not take a nap.  When I got home, Landon was tired, and fell asleep around 6:15 p.m.  Not in love with the idea of him sleeping at that time of day, I just went with it.  About 30 minutes later, Landon was very fidgety and woke up crying, and crying.  I got him cleaned up, put his jammies on and put him in bed thinking he was over tired.  He fell asleep and woke up a short while later crying yet again.  This went on through the course of the night.  Even after tylenol, none of us got that much sleep that night.  Needless to say, 5 am rolled around, and Landon was up and ready to begin his day.  Everything has been funky-dory until last night. 

Fast forward to last night.  Landon woke up around 10 pm, crying and crying.  He was running a slight fever.  I gave him some tylenol and he climbed into bed with us.  Again, the same pattern played out.  Landon woke up crying every 30-45 minutes.  5 am rolled around and Landon was a happy camper, ready to begin his day.  This time we decided we needed to have the Dr. check Landon out.  

Work is insanely busy for me this week, so Jeremy brought Landon in to the Dr..  Turns out Landon has a double ear infection and his right ear drum burst.  Remember just a few months ago when I brought him in for an ear infection.  His ear drum burst then to.  So, we got some medicine and will check back in a couple weeks to make sure there is no permanent damage to the ear drum.  God has granted Landon such strength and patience, and he never ceases to amaze me.

No comments: