Monday, December 21, 2015

Eight

 
How is it that I am writing about my little guy turning 8? As much as I hate to admit it, it's true, and he's loving it

This year was different, a sign of times to come, I guess.  Landon had a choice of how he would like to celebrate his birthday.  He could have all his family over to celebrate with a little party like how we've done it for years past.  With all the boys in his second grade class to come over for the afternoon for games and snacks, etc.  Or with a couple boys who could stay overnight and I would bring them back home late morning the next day.  Without hesitation, Landon chose to celebrate with a few of his good friends staying over for the night.
Let me tell you, this group of friends is just wonderful.  Such kind and courteous boys.  I was afraid that little brother would be the annoying 5th wheel, but they were so nice to him.  They included Asher in their nerf gun wars, played hide and seek with him, and were just sweeter than I could have imagined.  Both Landon and Asher had a wonderful time and we hope his friends did as well.

 
Landon's birthday celebration continued throughout the weekend with friends and family popping in to see him and share their well wishes.  He even got to see the new Star Wars movie this past weekend with his Dad.
Happy 8th Birthday, Landon.  We love you more than words!


No comments: