Sunday, June 13, 2010

Cousin bonding

Yesterday afternoon and evening we had the privilege of hanging out with my niece and nephew, Eryn and Nolan.  Landon and I picked them up late afternoon and headed to Decorah.  I gave them the choice of going to the State fish hatchery to feed the fish, or go to Phelps Park.  Eryn said, "Why can't we do both?"  Good point, so we did! 

We headed to the fish hatchery first.  I gave each child a plastic cup and $0.50 to buy fish food.  It was interesting to see how each one of them chose to disperse their fish food. 
After a good hand cleaning, we headed to the park!
The kids got to play and run, and play and run.  Parks are so much fun!
After burning off some energy, we picked up a pizza and headed back to our house.  The boys played some more and Eryn had a good time playing fetch with Elke!  Then it was time to unwind before Randy and Cathy came to pick up the kids.  Everyone got their jammies on and settled in for the Chipmunk Movie, or as Landon calls it, "Monkey Chips."  I honestly could not make this stuff up if I wanted to!
We all had such a good time hanging out!  It must have wore Landon out, because he slept in until 7:15 am.  I can count on one hand the number of times he has slept that late.

No comments: