Tuesday, January 15, 2013

New Year's Resolution - Crocheting

Ok, so I have a few resolution for this New Year, but one that I was really excited to get started on was learning how to crochet.  I've seen so many fun things all over pinterest, and thought I could do that myself.  Isn't that how it always goes!

I found this blog here, and taught myself.  Let me tell you, her tutorial was super easy to follow, and I have found crocheting to be easy, relaxing and addicting.  Granted, I have only learned the basics so far, but I've learned enough to make my first headband.
Is it weird that my 18 month old and I have the same size head?  Well sort of, the headband is suppose to be tighter and is on my head, but still...
Again, I found this pattern on pinterest.  If you would like the pattern, click here.  It was fairly easy and took me about 2 hours from start to finish.  The flower was a little trickier, and I couldn't quite follow the pattern, so I just searched youtube until I found a flower pattern I liked.  I'm sure this is just the first of many projects to come!

No comments: