Sunday, January 13, 2013

Homemade playdough

So much for being better at blogging, right!?  Well anyway, happy 2013!  We brought in the New Year with not much of a bang this year.  For the first time in years, we stayed in.  I made shrimp pasta and three of us were asleep by 8:15 p.m.  Can you guess which three?  Yup, you guessed it!

New Year's Day was just as low key.  The boys and I found ourselves letting loose (ok, that really just means me letting toys lay on the floor for more than a half an hour) and whipping up some crafts. 
Aside from working on my New Year's resolution of learning how to crochet (more on that later!), we worked on coloring, painting and working with homemade playdough.

I really detest playdough.  It's smelly, it's messy, the colors always get mixed together and it's just gross.  Not knowing what's really in the real stuff, I decided to make our own.  This way, if Asher actually got some in his mouth, I know it really wouldn't hurt his little tummy. 
The end result, it smelled like grapes, so it was tempting for them not to try and eat it, but they played with it for hours.  We will definitely try it again.

No comments: