Sunday, February 9, 2014

Homemade breakfast sandwiches

Since last Sunday's post on homemade pizzas was such a hit, I'm going to try and post a recipe every Sunday this month. 

Let me tell you about these homemade breakfast sandwiches.  I actually made my second batch of these the same time I made the homemade pizzas.  The first time I made them, I made egg, cheese and bacon on a bagel thin.  This time I made them sausage, egg and cheese on an english muffin.  Both times were good. 


I mostly make these for Jer so he has a good solid start his work day.  He is usually up at 5:15 am, and out the door no later than 6 am.  These are perfect for him, because he can take one out of the freezer, warm it up and be out the door without waking the boys.  I also brought one for my lunch the other day when there were no leftovers and I didn't feel like throwing a salad together. 



Just like the pizza, here is the break down:
  •  I spent a total of $8.95 and made 12 sandwiches.  That came out to be $0.75 per sandwich.  
Much better than McDonalds or Kwik Star, and a lot more filling.  I also know exactly what's in them.  You could do some many variations.  Next time I'm thinking just egg whites and some Vermont white cheddar. 

No comments: