Monday, January 25, 2010

First day at backup daycare...


So, today at Landon's back up daycare went GREAT!!  When we got there, Landon clung on to me and said, "No, No, No" over and over and over...He was really intrigued though because they live on a farm.  There were a lot of tractors, cows, bales, etc. around.  Now that I think of it, I think that was Landon's first time on an actual farm!  After talking with Linda for a few minutes, she asked Landon if she could hold him.  He agreed and we continued to talk.  About five minutes later, I told Landon that I needed to go to work. We said I love you, blew kisses and he waved me goodbye without a single tear.

I called in the middle of the day and Linda said he was doing great.  For lunch, Landon ate a whole grilled cheese and a whole serving of mixed vegetables!  It was a little girls birthday there and her Mom had brought cupcakes.  Each child got a half a cup cake.  Landon looked around at the other kids eating their cupcake, took a bite of his and said, "I don't like it."  He really does not have his Mom and Dad's sweet tooth!

After lunch, Linda laid Landon down for a nap and he took a two hour nap without making a peep.  She said counting Landon, she had three boys yesterday who are all between the ages of 2-2 1/2, and they all love farming.  They stood by the window watching Linda's husband outside and conversing among themselves.
I had no doubt that Linda would do a great job taking care of Landon, I was just nervous how well he would do.  What a relief!!

The picture above is the picture he colored and brought home for me.  How sweet is that!!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

So happy to hear Landon had a great day at Linda's, she does a really good job with the kids! Were you a little hurt he didn't shed a tear?? At the same time though, that had to make you proud of your little guy that he was able to adjust to the new place so easily!

Yes, getting very close to baby time. Due the 14th so down to the final weeks! Still hoping the baby doesn't come in the next couple of days but we'll have to wait and see!

Stacy Merrill said...

I got to experience the tear shedding this morning. Didn't go so good. I don't think I can wait until lunch to check in on him :(

So exciting that your baby is getting close to making his/her appearance! Just a few days until Mom and Dad come home!!

crsabelka said...

I am sooo glad he had a good time! It is always nerve racking to go to another sitter, both for mommy and the baby:)

crsabelka said...

I am sooo glad he had a good time! It is always nerve racking to go to another sitter, both for mommy and the baby:)

Lisa said...

:-( So there were tears this morning, bummer. That wasn't a good start to your day! Hopefully shortly after you left the tears were gone and he was having fun!