Thursday, January 21, 2010

Vacation day

I took off work today and will be off work tomorrow to stay home with Landon.  Landon's daycare provider decided to ditch this cold, icy weather and head to Mexico.  What was she thinking!  Just Kidding!!  This means that Landon and I are getting in some quality bonding time. Oh, can't forget Elke too!

Our morning started out rather slow, not changing out of our jammies until 10 am!  We set up Landon's tent, lined up his movies (literally lined all 50 of them up on the floor), played with his remote control car, brushed teeth several times and didn't eat breakfast until 9:30 am!  Whew....The most exciting part of the morning for Landon had to be a new found love - Peanut Butter!  Landon has never had PB before.  He just always prefers his toast dry. 

Yesterday morning Landon decided he wanted cereal.  I was eating an english muffin with peanut butter. Before I knew it, there were little fingers swipping the peanut butter of my muffin!  So I took out the jar of peanut butter, put some on a spoon and let him have at it.  He devoured that spoonful and immediately asked for more.  I think he got his love of PB from his cousin Eryn.  She loved eating PB out of the jar at one point too.  I wonder if she still does?


 


After a couple swigs of milk for Landon and a shower for Mommy, we headed over to West Union.  First stop was a visit to Jeremy's Grandma Virginia at the Good Samaritan Home.  It has been a few weeks since I've seen her and she called me last week asking me to find her a new robe.  You bet!  Landon and I brought over the softest, prettiest robe, and she loved it!  After an hour or so visit, Landon was getting antsy, so we headed over to Grandma Merrill's office. 

Landon has been to Grandma Debbie's office a few times, but as soon as we pulled into the parking lot Landon said, "Grandmum Debbie here."  Debbie treated us to a yummy lunch and then we headed back to the office to visit a bit.  By this point, Landon was getting extremely tired, so it was time for us to head home.  Landon fell asleep on the way home, and slept for over 3 hours.  That was a great time for me to get some work done.  We'll see what tomorrow brings!

No comments: