Sunday, January 3, 2010

Hackman Christmas (quilts involved!)

Last night we headed over to my Aunt and Uncle's and had our 4th and final Christmas for the holiday season. I love getting together with the Hackman side of the family. There are so many people, and so many kids. It's lots of family, lots of food, and lots of conversations everywhere! Landon had tough decisions picking out his Christmas gifts from Great Grandma. He picked two "Cars" cars and a pig! Thank you Grandma!
Landon's cousin Aiden. Isn't he adorable!!
Christmas was especially special this year, as each of the older grandchildren got a handmade quilt that Grandma made. Grandma had each quilt in a pillowcase with a number on it. Each grandchild drew a number from a hat, and that is the quilt that you got. After that, if you wanted to trade with anyone, that was your choice.
This is the quilt that I got. I LOVED it!! Very beautiful, and I hung on to it for probably fifteen minutes. But then, I traded...
My sister traded her quilt which was mostly blue tones, for this quilt. Jodi really loved the quilt I had though. Grandma then came over and said to Jodi, "You got the only quilt that I hand quilted." Sold, I wanted that quilt. Besides, the quilt that I originally had is the exact same pattern of the quilt that Jeremy's Grandma Virginia made for our wedding. Did I really want two quilts of the same pattern, even though they look very different.
Nope, I really wanted the quilt that Grandma hand stitched, and Jodi really wanted the quilt I had, so we switched. In the end, any one of us would have been happy with any one of the quilts. They are all so beautiful and Grandma put so much time and love into each one of them. She has litteraly been working on these for years!
The grandchildren with their quilts. Unfortunately, there are several grandchildren missing. Also note, my sister-in-law stepped in for my brother who had to go out on a service call.
My quilt hanging in my dining room. Thank you Grandma (and Grandpa), I love you very much! This is a Christmas that I will always remember!

No comments: