Thursday, January 7, 2010

Basement & New Year's Resolutions

We (I should say Jer) have been working on finishing our basement more seriously in the last few weeks. We built our house five years ago, and haven't needed the space, so we haven't done anything with it. We've saved the money and now decided to jump in and finish the basement, or at least a good portion of it. Don't get your hopes up, we don't need any extra bedrooms, just want to get the space done! Jer has been working on the electrical and last night Randy came over to work on plumbing.
Family Room
Another part of the Family Room - This will all be cabinets and work space.
Free Bar if anyone wants it, otherwise it will be going on Craig's List!
Bedroom #3
Bedroom #4 (or gym) on the left and bathroom on the right

In other news, what's your New Year's resolution? Last year, I decided that I need to get in shape. In February, I started a program called the c25k. It is suppose to take you from the couch to running a 5k in 9 weeks, by integrating running and walking. You can find more info at http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. So I started the program, and just kept going. It's almost one year later, and I won't say how much weight I lost, but I feel so much better! I love to work out now. I love to run, and run almost every day. When I'm not running, I use my new elliptical. Ok, it's not new, but new to me. Another nice score at the Depot! Thank you to my Mother-in-law for letting me borrow her treadmill. This year's New Year's Resolution is to run a half-marathon with my sister-in-law! EEeeekkkkk...

No comments: