Sunday, January 10, 2010

This week in review...

Let me just start by saying that this week was action packed! December was filled with time off from work, between the holidays and burning vacation time, so Monday meant back to reality and a 5 day work week. Uggghhh....

Monday: I had to work late, so Mom picked up Landon for me. When I went to put the car seat in her car that morning, I realized Jer forgot to put the latch belt in my car, therefore, I could not put the extra car seat in Mom's car. I left my car with Mom and drove Jodi's car. At the end of the day, I started Jodi's car so it could warm up. I took the remote and locked the doors. Half an hour later, I locked up the store and went to unlock the car. No such luck. Apparently, Jodi's remote does not work when the keys are in the ignition. No spare key meant I needed to call a lock smith.

Tuesday: Hawkeye's win the Orange Bowl!! Totally fell asleep in the 2nd quarter..I tried to stay awake, I really did!

Wednesday: Jodi had her appointment in LaCrosse. She is set to have surgery on January 18th. They will put a plate in from her shoulder to her elbow, and screw the bone to the plate. It will be a fairly lengthy surgery, and she will have to spend 1-2 days in the hospital. Please pray that her surgery goes well!

Thursday: More snow. Brrr, it was cold and the snow was blowing. The good ol' Explorer bucked through some drifts on the way home from work! Watched the Texas vs. Alabama game. Again, fell asleep in the 2nd quarter. So sad...

Friday: Auntie Jo Jo spent the night. Yay!! Ate some yummy steak burritos from a guy named Chili, and I made guacomole. Yum-O!!

Saturday: Up and at 'em early. Jodi, Cathy, Eryn and myself hit the road at 7:30 am to go shopping in Rochester. Those girls are so much fun. We all found some great deals! My favorite purchase...a valentine collar for Elke! Ok, so Elke now has more collars than I have purses. In her defense, or mine, I don't own a lot of purses!

And then, it was home to watch the Cowboys pull off a win. Yup, didn't stay completely awake for this one either. Seriously, I can not get enough football this year!

Sunday: Catch up day. Get groceries, clean the house, six loads of laundry, read up on potty training, sneak in an hour and a half on the elliptical/treadmill, and now it's time to relax. I made turkey breasts and roasted brussel sprouts for supper, and am enjoying the Cardinals vs. Packers game. Go Kurt Warner! I hope this week goes by just as fast!

No comments: