Monday, July 20, 2009

Bee sting?

UPDATE: We are fairly certain that Landon got stung by a bee on his eye lid yesterday afternoon. The swelling is a result of a localized allergic reaction. His pupil and eye reaction were completely normal, so the Dr. was not concerned. The Dr. said the swelling should go down within 24-48 hours. If not I should bring him back. I gave Landon one dose of benedryl, but that's about all I can do. He is not in any pain and is acting completely normal. Poor little thing :(

Yesterday, Landon and I were playing outside when I noticed a pin drop of blood by his left eye. He had a small stick in his hand and I thought maybe he scratched himself. Last evening his eye seemed to be a little swollen, but not nearly like it is this morning. When he woke up this morning and I noticed how swollen his eye was, I just about started crying. I am wondering now if he got stung by a bee? I will be taking him to the Dr. at 11:30 this morning.
I am on vacation all week. What a way to start our vacation. Oh, and Daddy is away on business :(

1 comment:

Lisa said...

OH NO! The poor little guy! I sure hope it doesn't hurt him as bad as it looks! I also hope it is 'just' a bee sting and nothing more serious. You guys REALLY need a break from the doctors office! Not a good start to your vacation at all, hope the rest of your week goes better and you get to have some fun with your sweet little guy!