Saturday, August 14, 2010

Winner winner chicken dinner

Today we headed to Cedar Falls where Jeremy's Jeep club was representin' at Holdiman Motors Jeep Mania. 
Landon and I held up the tail end of the Jeep convoy.  There is a great family that lives near us who went as well.  Between the five of them they brought down three jeeps.
Once we got to Cedar Falls we checked all the Jeeps in.  It was just getting started, so Landon and I headed out with the Mother and Daughter who were part of the Jeep convoy and did a little shopping.  I dropped them back off and met up with a dear friend for lunch.  Here is where the bad wife comes into play.  By the time Landon and I got back to the Jeep Mania, Jeremy was already done with the obstacle course and the judging was complete.  We totally missed everything.  

We made it back just in time to see Jeremy get his trophy.  He won second place for trail readiness.  Yipee!!
In fact all three places were won by Mississippi Valley Jeepers.  Wheee!  Jeremy was so proud of his second place finish - he said it's the first time he won a trophy all by himself.  So proud that he is going to keep the trophy at the shop for all to see instead of at the house.  Even better, ahem, wink, wink!
After the festivities wrapped up we were all tired and ready to head home.  Only one of us got to nap on the way home, and it wasn't me...
On a side note, I may or may not have gotten these really rad running shoes while shopping today, and I may or may not have had to break them in when I got home.  What a great day!

No comments: