Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Bribery at it's finest

This morning, Landon and I hit the road for Cedar Falls.  Mission for the day:  Have Rose at Infinite Image Design take Landon's three year pictures.  This was going to be an action packed trip however, and we had a few other stops to make before the photo session.

I was looking for some new jeans and after Landon followed me from dressing room to dressing room, we decided to head to Pet Smart so Landon could pick out a Christmas gift for Elke.  By now, Landon was not as patient as he was earlier and did not want to go inside.  He quickly changed his mind however. 
He was so entranced by the birds, turtles, hamsters.  I didn't even tell him there were fish in there.  I think we spent a good 40 minutes in the store as he talked to all the animals.  Maybe I have a Dr. Doolittle on my hands?  We picked out a present for Elke and we had one other stop to make before meeting Auntie Jo Jo for lunch.

Home Depot - why do I love Home Improvement Store's so much?  I really do.  I have been checking out a rug on line and wanted to see what it looked like in person.  Looked good, but we'll see what it looks like when we get home.  What a fun ride!
By now it was time to meet Jodi for lunch.  It was so nice to see her! 

After lunch, we headed over to have Landon's pictures taken.  Despite our talks all morning about how he didn't need to be afraid and he needed to be a good boy, he cried and cried and cried. I reminded him of our deal to be a good boy and he could pick out a treat.  Well, it took him just a smidge longer to warm up and then he ROCKED IT.  Seriously, Rose always does an amazing job when he doesn't cooperate, so I can't wait to see how these turned out!!

All Landon kept saying was that he wanted the beaver.  The what?  I had no idea what he was talking about until Rose asked him what noise a beaver made.  He said, "Bam.  When I whack them over the head."  Now I finally knew what he was talking about.  He wanted the Whac-a-mole game. Buying a new toy three days before Christmas and just a week after a Birthday is an entirely bad idea, but I needed to follow through on my promise.  And well, who really cares, because he ROCKED his photo sesh, and I was proud of him.  

Back to Target we went, where he knew right where to go.  It wasn't two minutes after we were in the car heading home that he was a sleep.
So excited once we got home!
I'll link the photos once their up.  Can't wait!

No comments: