Monday, December 27, 2010

More Christmas celebrating!

I was so excited for Christmas this year, as I thought Landon might actually notice that Santa came while he was sleeping.  Wrong.  Landon woke up at his typical time, 5:30 am, and went to the living room to hang out.  Jeremy plugged in the lights of the Christmas tree and Landon never noticed the presents under the tree.  I got to sleep in for a little bit and joined them at about 6:30 am.  We started breakfast and got ready for the day.  Finally around 8:30 am, I asked Landon if he noticed that Santa had come.  His reaction was just an oh.  I think he was enjoying all his gifts he got the night before.
Needless to say, Santa did not go overboard this year which was great.  Landon got a toy story race track and a new tractor and wagon.
Landon's reaction was "I told you."  Not sure what he told me but anyway.
After hanging out and playing with his new toys for a bit, we headed over to Grandma Debbie and Mike's house.  We snacked, ate some chilli, and opened a few more presents.
 
We were so blessed this year and for the first time in many years were able to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas.  A lot of my thoughts on Christmas morning went back to the boy we bought gifts for.  A few weeks ago, Landon and I took a name of a tree at my coworkers church.  Landon and I went shopping for this 10 1/2 year old boy.  Jeremy was bummed he didn't have the opportunity to shop with us, so he wrapped the gifts instead. I told Jeremy on Christmas morning, I hope that boy liked his gifts.  Jeremy said he was thinking the same thing.  I hope you all had a Merry Christmas as well!

No comments: