Sunday, January 23, 2011

Basement updates

I haven't posted any updates on our basement in a while, so here they are.  It seems as though we got the family room livable, and just stopped there for a while.  Or, other things in life just were so crazy, there was no time!  Probably a little of both.  Well, the push may be on a little more now as we begin to prepare for this new baby.  That means Landon moves to his new room downstairs and his room turns back to a nursery. 

In the past few weeks, Jeremy has hung all the doors and has begun staining some of them.  We have 11 doors down stairs, can you believe that?  Now that I count the upstairs, we have 14, so I guess that does seem reasonable.  Ugh, that's a lot of doors though.  Jeremy's Mother has been so gracious to come over the past two Saturday's and help.  She stained all of the trim and window casing last week and put the first coat of varnish on yesterday.  That is a big job.  Thank you so much Deb!

While I was at work yesterday, Jeremy installed the trim around the closets in both bedrooms.  I think the combination of their work is fantastic!
After cleaning the house and getting the laundry going, it's my turn to help today.  I started by sanding and staining the extension jams around the doors and windows.  Ta da...
Up next is touching up some paint, and whatever else Jeremy may need help with.

Not sure what my last update was, but the tile floor is completely grouted and sealed.  My new area rugs have also arrived and I LOVE them!!  I would have taken a picture but they are a little dusty right now and need a good vacuum.  The trim and doors are still a big, big project, but once that's complete, we will have someone come and put the carpet in the bedrooms, finish up the bathroom, install the cabinets in the work area and we are done.  Suddenly, that seems like a lot...

No comments: