Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Crazy weather = no power

What a beautiful sight!
So, I mentioned how we lost our power on Sunday.  Well, we, or maybe I, thought we were in the clear, and I put the flashlights away on Monday morning.  Big mistake. 

On Monday night, Jeremy and Landon were downstairs and I went to let Elke out.  I noticed a bright light in one of the trees in the front yard.  I poked my head out the door and noticed the branches on a tree were on fire.  I quickly yelled for Jer to come upstairs and look at the tree on fire.  We watched in amazement for a few seconds before a burst of bright light, followed by a loud puff.  There went our power.  Poor Landon downstairs was terrified and I quickly rushed down to him!

Landon was so cute as I was putting him to bed on Monday night.  He turned on his aquarium as he always does, and says "Look Mom, we have power again."  Too cute! 
Well, the power was completely restored by 6 pm on Tuesday.  We are fortunate to have a generator which got us some showers and breakfast on Tuesday morning, so we were definately not effected like most people were.  I hear the power is back for most everyone who was effected by outages, which is a very good thing.

No comments: