Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sleep - Are we getting any?

Yes, and lots of it!  Asher started sleeping in his crib about a week ago. But before I go there, rewind a little bit.  Asher went from sleeping through the night to waking up about a half a dozen times between 3 am and 5 am.  Whenever I went into his room to give him his paci, he was all crooked in his car seat.  It was time to make the switch from sleeping in his carseat to sleeping in his crib.  Aside from that, he hasn't vomited for a few weeks, so I was feeling ok with his laying flat on his back. 
The transition actually went really well.  But, he still woke up and wanted his paci from 3 am - 5 am.
Unfortunately, I needed to let him fuss a little bit so he could learn how to soothe himself.  That was way to easy, and it only took one night.
He is now a happy baby that sleeps from 7:30 or 8:00 pm, until 6:00 am without making a peep.  How did I get so lucky to have such a happy baby!
I should mention this radio helps.  He loves noise, so sleeping with the radio on static puts him out like a light!

No comments: