Friday, August 10, 2012

Sick baby

Disclaimer:  this is a long and boring post, and I will reward with cute pictures throughout, but I am writing this for documentation purpose, so don't feel like you have to read it.  

Finally, we are back on the mend.  It's been a long and trying week.  Let me recap it:
It started last Sunday, when Asher consistently had loose diapers.  Fast forward to Monday morning when Asher woke up, drank some milk and immediately fell back asleep.  After waking up for the second time at 6:15 a.m., all Asher wanted was to be held.  Asher does not sit still, so something was not right.  I called in to work and said I was going to keep an eye on Asher and thought I would go in an hour late or so.  An hour later, Asher was vomitting...change of plans, I was staying home for the day.
Over the course of the next 30 hours, Asher was consistently running a fever, vomitting, etc.  I took him to the Dr. Tuesday afternoon, when he was diagnosed with double ear infection.  The strep test came back negative, but it was pretty bad in there.  Because of our history with ear infection we jumped straight to the high powered antibiotics.
Another 36 hours later, Asher was still not better.  Still running a fever, and still vomitting.  I took him back in on Thursday morning.  The Dr. said it was just going to take time, but he seemed to be doing better.  He was totally hamming it up for the Dr.'s and nurse.  Turned me into a total liar, but I'm ok with that.  My baby was better.
As of today, Asher is sooo much better.  It turns out he is also working on a molar.  Oh the joy...
So, here's the history.  This is Asher's 6th ear infection since January.  The Dr.'s say he is a candidate for tubes, but we are just not ready for that.  For the past two months, we had been doing some regular (1-2 times per week) chiropractic adjustments.  A month ago, Asher's ears were finally free of infection for the first time in a long time.  Now it's back, so what to do what to do...

No comments: