Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

We really should be saying, "Happy Resurrection Day," because that's what it's all about isn't it?  Nevertheless, we did throw in some traditional holiday celebrating as well.  The Easter bunny did find our house last night and managed to hide Landon's Easter basket in a very unusual location.
Landon found his Easter basket in the bathroom.  He was so excited and asked me why I hide it in there?  Um, it was the Easter Bunny sweetheart!?

Landon got some quarters, a couple pieces of candy and the movie Dispicable Me.  We immediately watched the movie, and, it was ok...

Landon pretended he was a dinosaur most of the morning.
We also managed to snap our traditional Easter photo by the tree in our front yard.  In case you want to see how much Landon and the tree have grown, click here
This tree was planted in the Spring of 2008, when Landon was just a few months old.  Since it was planted around Easter weekend, I have made a point to take Landon's picture standing (or in his carseat), next to the tree on Easter every year since.  In case you are wondering, I think the tree and Landon are growing at about the same pace.

Easter would not be complete without a couple things.  Green shoes, I think they kind of rock.
And, kisses for your Momma.  As we were heading out this morning, Landon said, "I really like your necklace Mom.  You are so beautiful."  I'm sorry, can you say that again, I didn't hear you.  Ok, so I did, but I just can't hear that enough.  What a sweet, sweet child!
We enjoyed a wonderful brunch with our wonderful family around noon.  And this evening, we are spending time with more family and friends.  What a blessing this day has been!

No comments: