Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dyeing of Easter Eggs

For the past 5 or 6 years, I have been dyeing our Easter Eggs with silk ties (or anything I find that is 100% silk).  I learned this from the best, Martha Stewart, and you can find the instructions here.  This afternoon, after I realized that Landon was not going to take a nap, we started dyeing our eggs.  It is seriously so much easier than breaking out all those cups with different colors.  Uggh, the mess gives me nightmares.
Step 1:  Gather all necessary items. 
Step 2:  Wrap a piece of silk around the raw egg. 
Step 3:  Wrap a piece of cotton around the silk and secure the layers with a rubber band.
Step 4:  Cover with water and 3 tablespoons water.  Boil for 20 minutes.
After the eggs have cooled, unwrap and enjoy the beauty!

No comments: