Tuesday, November 3, 2015

So...here's what's new

Hey there, thanks for checking back in!  I'm going to use this post to talk about me a little bit, so bear with me.
Blogging seemed to unintentionally take a back burner this past, ahem, 1 1/2 years.  It's kind of like exercising.  I say to myself, I'm going to start working out...tomorrow.  We know how that works out.  Ok, well for me anyway.  Tomorrow comes along, and I push it off.  Oh what's another day.  I'll start again tomorrow.  Yup, tomorrow's the day.  And then, before you know it, it's been way too long and you just accept it for the way it is.  But alas, here I am.  Blogging...and semi working out.  If you're reading this, sorry Coach.
So what's changed...well, a lot.   In the summer of 2014, I started taking online classes toward receiving my Real Estate license.  Shortly after beginning classes, I also resigned from my job of 13 years as the Executive Director of a non-profit organization.  I absolutely loved my job, but I mentally needed a change.  I also needed the flexibility for these growing boys as well as our new business adventure.  (More on that later).  My last day at my job was January 2015 and I got my real estate license in April 2015.
So here I am and I am so stinkin' happy.  I love getting the boys on the bus.  I love cooking supper.  I love being a wife again.  And I love being a Realtor.  All those things I missed out on for the past years with my family.  With that said, if you're looking to buy or sell in NE Iowa, give me a call at (563) 380-8762 or look me up on facebook at Stacy Merrill - Homestead Iowa Realty. 
So, thanks so much again for checking in.  Follow your dreams people!

No comments: