Sunday, April 25, 2010

Weekend checklist

It was on odd weekend, because there was a lot going on.  Ok, maybe that's really not so odd for us!  I was off work on Friday, because I had to work on Saturday.  I kept Landon home from daycare and we got so much done!  We got groceries, I got a haircut and we cleaned the entire house.  Then in the evening, I painted the last room in the basement - the gym.  I chose Sherwin Williams Modern Gray.  I see a lot more beige than gray, but that's ok, I still like it.  It's calm and soothing, and just what I need when I'm working up a sweat!
On Saturday, I put in a full day at work.  It was super busy which made the time go by fast!  When I got home late in the afternoon, I finished all the touch up painting downstairs.  This mostly involved the walls where two colors met.  Not my most favorite job in the world, but it's done.  Jer finished hanging the ceiling and installed all the can lights in the family room.  Love, love, love it!  By then it was 9 pm, so we sat in the lawn chairs and cracked open a beer.  I found out Budweiser is just not my thing, so Jer finished mine. =)
That brings us to Sunday.  Landon slept in until 6 am - what a dream!  After a bit of cuddling, it was up and at 'em.  It was cold, windy and overcast all day, but the rain stayed away, so I washed windows.  To be honest, I think I would have washed the windows in the rain if I had to.  They were just so bad. I honestly don't think I washed them at all last year - eeekkk.  I got all the windows and patio doors washed on both levels.  Aaww, bliss!  We all took quick little naps in the afternoon and it was back to the basement after that. 
Tonight it is turkey lasagna for supper and family movie night, and maybe sneaking in a workout before that.  Then it's definitely time to unwind a little bit before beginning a new week!

No comments: