Thursday, March 10, 2011

24 weeks

I am so amazed how fast this pregnancy is going.  I am really loving being pregnant.  I love to feel this little guy move and just know that he is growing and a God has created a miracle within me.  The next sixteen weeks can slow down.  Oh wait, or they can go fast, then we can actually meet him in person!  Either way, I'm sure he will be here before you know it.

For those that are interested, here is what is going on at 24 weeks.  Baby Merrill weighs just over a pound and is about 12 inches long.  His space is getting smaller so being able to do somersaults will become increasingly harder for him.  He can pick up on voices, and should notice if a bright light is being shown on him.  I feel him move several times throughout the day, but no one else has been able to feel it yet.  I guess he is just super fast!

Aside from feeling like I just look chubby and not pregnant, I continue to feel exceptionally well.  The first 12 weeks, I was super tired and lost my ambition to exercise.  That has since come back and I have enjoyed some running along with my walks on the treadmill.  I still continue to walk several miles 3-4 times per week on the treadmill.  My running has come to an end, for my stomach is expanding and it was getting to uncomfortable.  I am extremely tired at night again, and am usually asleep by 8 pm.  I love getting up early, but have not felt like it lately.  Sleep, sleep, sleep....I guess I must be stocking up. 

We continue to be thankful that I have had a healthy pregnancy thus far and continue to relish in this joy.

No comments: