Monday, August 29, 2011

First day of a new routine

Here are the boys as we headed out the door this morning.  It was a day of new beginnings.  I was heading back to work and Asher was going to begin going to Bernice's house.  Landon has been going to Bernice's house since he was 9 months old.  In case you forgot, here is my old blog post.  Landon loves going to his "Bernicie's" house, and went there semi-routinely when I was on maternity leave.  Landon loves his routine.  But today, was a day of new beginnings.  I have dreaded this day for the past couple weeks.  As much as I love Bernice and am so thankful for her, I was not ready to leave my baby, and I was not ready to return to work.  Asher did great.  He was sleeping when I dropped him off at 7:30 am, and slept until 10 am.  What the heck?  He never did that for me!  And since I only worked a half day, he got up and ate a couple times, and I was back.  I on the other hand, well, I'm not sure why I put on makeup.  I don't remember it being this hard when I returned to work after Landon was born, but that was 3 1/2 years ago.  I'm sure tomorrow will be better for me, I was just an emotional hot mess today! 

No comments: