Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Asher's sleeping habits

I think I've mentioned before that Asher loves to sleep in his car seat.  It's great for me as I seem to be constantly on the go during my maternity leave.  But, he also prefers to sleep in his car seat at night. 
Now that he's a month old and I will be heading back to work soon, we figured it's probably about time for him to sleep in his crib.  I've tried putting him down to sleep in his crib during his naps, and we've tried putting him down at night, but he doesn't last more than 30 minutes before he wakes up. 
We decided this would be the week that we stick with it though, starting on Saturday night.  But, after waking up about every hour, we finally caved around 4:00 am.  Knowing we all needed some sleep, he ended up back in his car seat.
But that car seat was not going in our room, it was going in his crib.
And you know what?  That little stinker slept for about 3 1/2 hours before waking up hungry. 

To update this story, it has been getting better.  Sunday night he slept 3 hour stretches and stayed in his crib all night.  Monday night he had a 5 hour stretch to start the night off.  Yay! My excitement quickly fell as the next 1 1/2 hours were a little rough.  I think he was really still just hungry though.  He ended up having a little more to drink and conked out for another 2 hours.  We'll get there.  I just want him to be comfortable and get the sleep he needs.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Glad to hear the sleeping bit is going a little better for you! I see from the picture you got the gift from Mom! :-)

Last night Landon slept from 9-1 and at 1 I just had to give him the paci and he was back to sleep until 6! Not banking on that happening again tonight but it's a start!