Thursday, February 11, 2010

cookies and valentine treats

After a 16 hour work day yesterday, I was looking forward to coming home from work tonight and relaxing!  Yes, I said 16 hour work day.  It began yesterday morning when I got up a little before 5 am, to stir up some cookie dough.  We had a cookie order, but miscounted the number of cookies we needed, so I needed to stir up some more dough.  I then headed off to my real job at 7:15 am.  I got done working at 5:30 pm, picked up some subway, and rushed home.  Jodi was already at my house, rolled and baked the needed cookies.  We frosted away until we finished at 9:00 pm.  Whew....It was worth it.  I think they turned out super cute.
So after my loooonnng day yesterday, I was forward to a relaxing night tonight.  Jeremy is taking a continuing ed class from 6-9 a couple nights a week for the next few weeks, so I was not going to make supper tonight.  Just bowls of cereal for Landon and I!  We got home from work/daycare and took a little strolll....
And then I remembered, I needed to assemble Landon's Valentine treats for all of his friends.  What was supposed to be a simple treat, turned out to be a little more work then I thought.  That's ok though!  Landon had fun helping assemble eating.
Inside each bag is gummy bears and teddy grams.  The note says, "I like you beary much!"

No comments: