Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

We started this beautiful Memorial Day off with a trip to my parents house.  From the moment Landon woke up this morning he had been talking about feeding the fishies.  So after vegging out until 8 am (I know, I know), we decided to eat breakfast and begin our day. 
My Dad's pond was a gift to my parents from us children several years ago.  It started as a kit and we hoped it would be something they liked.  It has turned into so much more, and those fish are now their pets!  If you are looking for my Dad you can find him in either of two places- the fire station or his pond!
After feeding the fish, a ride in the tire swing was a must.  Check out how Landon put his legs.  It must have been comfortable because he almost fell asleep!
 
After spending some time with my parents, we headed back home to meet up with Jeremy, try out our new grill and enjoy the sunshine!
After lunch, Landon wasn't ready to try out his new big pool, but did want to take a dip in the little one that was set up for Elke!
Trying to splash Mom
All this activity wore Landon out.  We headed back inside to change and not even two minutes later, Landon crashed on the floor.  
I hope you all had a great weekend.  We sure did!  Don't forget the purpose of Memorial Day and remember those soldiers who have paid the ultimate price for our freedom. 

No comments: