Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

I'm a few days late, but I had a good excuse.  I had a sick little boy (although he didn't really act like it.)  That's a whole other post.  Mother's Day, right.  

What a perfect day.  The temps were spectacular, finally!
The day started when we went to church.  We headed back to Stone Ridge Community Church.  Can I just say that even though it's only been two weeks, we just love this church!  Everyone is so nice and so inviting.  There were crazy amounts of people there and the message was like it was meant for me.  You probably noticed my post below.  I found that the other day and posted it up on Sunday morning because I was was really feeling like I was so blessed that morning.  We got to church and Pastor's Ed's message was on complaining.  What a godwink.  I have nothing to complain about.  Life is pretty good right about now.

When we got home, the boys headed outside.  This was my view from the living room.
It's getting just a little difficult to get down and pull weeds, and my oh so wonderful husband decided to do it for me.
I even snuck in a quick little nap.  I woke up just in time to get my Mother's Day present from Landon.  
So I really got a beautiful hanging basket of flowers, which I haven't taken a picture of yet, but I will soon.

I was then able to work on some sewing projects while the boys continued to work outside.  Later in the afternoon, they got cleaned up and we headed to my parents house for supper.  Once again, love was shown for Mother's as Dad and Jeremy prepared supper.  I enjoyed sitting on the bench by my parents pond.  There are some really big fish in there!
After feeding the fish, Landon hit up the tire swing.  This thing is classic.
Elke enjoyed the evening as well.
What a fantastic Mother's Day.  I am so blessed to have a wonderful Mother and Mother-in-law!

No comments: